#1 dmwoct19

dmwoct19

5mm Fan

• 5mm Shooter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNottingham, MD

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:10 AM

Hello all, just now joining the forum after years of owning a 591. Seems to me I got that gun back in the late 90’s or so. I managed to find a few boxes of the old ammo at a reasonable price & took it to the range. The very first thing that came to my mind was, What the hell was Remington thinking? That was one of the sweetest rounds that I had ever shot! I couldn’t believe that they discontinued the 5mm rimfire! Then the .17hmr came out & took off like wildfire! Then I thought to myself, surely Remington would capitalize on the .17hmr band wagon! And I waited....... & waited, & waited! HELLO! REMINGTON! Wake the hell up! It’s only been 17 years since the debut of that little 17 rim fire. Sooo, what are you waiting for “Big Green”? A special invitation?!
Anytime Aquila wants to make some fast money, all they need to do is make a run of our highly desired favorite rim fire round! I’m pretty sure they realized this after the run of Centurion 5mm rounds. You would have thought some of the top brass at Remington would have noticed this as well! I mean what about some of the other rim fire manufacturers? Is Aquila/Centurion the only company with a marketing department with people paying attention? Come on Winchester, CCI, Federal & others! Wake up!
I given up waiting on them. I had bought the bolt face, 100 empty brass, the dies to reload the 5mm Craig about 10 years ago for my 591. But I was hesitant to make the change to that gun, because the fresh 5mm rim fire from Centurion had hit the streets. Well within the last week I picked up another 591! This one will become my dedicated 5mm Craig shooter! So I felt the need to join this forum.
In the near future I’m sure I will have the need to pick the brain cells of some of the more informed members of this forum! I will do what I can to help out anybody that I can as well. So with that said..... my first question is..... does one know where I can buy more 5mm Craig brass?
Many thanks, Doug

Edited by dmwoct19, 06 May 2019 - 10:14 AM.

Doug 

NRA Life Member

NRA Instructor (Rifle & Pistol)

NRA SRO

Maryland Hunter Education Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users