#1 Grinch45

Grinch45

5mm Fanatic

• 5mm Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:04 AM

I been collecting the last 17 years and had been sitting at 8000 rounds looking to end at 10000 rounds as I got in my collection 10 rifles.  I come across a gun broker auction with my name written all over it, a whole case of 5mm ammo.

NY had made my task harder as we are not allowed to buy ammo out of state unless it is sent to an FFL.  The law does not actually say that and no one cares here to argue that the law is bogus and not enforceable.  I just ask any auction I win, will they send to me or would they like a FFL and most choose the FFL option.

The law really reads, that out of state sales ends when they have a state police certified ammo buyer background check system and we do not and may never have.

The case is opened but intact with labels and the boxes inside are very mint quality.  The case is 2000 rounds, in 40 boxes of 50.  All looks good and I took some pictures of the front and rear box labels, then wrapped the whole thing up with plastic wrap to keep dry and safe.  I will try to post these later.

I actually got about 10300 rounds as when I see Peters boxes for sale, I cannot pass them up as they much rarer. Now I will just stay ahead with some to keep shooting.

#2 Glass37

Glass37

5mm Fanatic

• 5mm Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSE MI

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

I was so tempted to bid on those. Great price!

#3 Gary W

Gary W

5mm Fanatic

• 5mm Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

I just have two rifles and a handgun but only two boxes of the green. Ive about given up looking for a box of the white but maybe there's still hope lol
Lifetime NRA Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users