3 replies to this topic

#1 sledz

sledz

5mm Fan

• 5mm Shooter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

I bought my 5mm as a 15 year old in 1972 new at a local Coast to Coast hardware store in Iowa and for Christmas my Dad bought the Weaver cross dot scope that I put back on it. I used it for several years and was a crack shot with it! Big feral cats, opossums, gophers, raccoon, fox, dimes and pennies you name it! Rabbits were especially fun.

Well a year ago I found out about the new ammo being made and bought some and after 40 years it's back! So exciting to shoot this again. I stumbled on this forum and I am glad there is a following. I had no idea the prices for these are so high, it just sat in my case for literally 40 years and I just assumed it was a boat anchor.. I do have a box of original ammo that I never did shoot that probably 35 years old..!

Attached Thumbnails

• my5mm.jpg

#2 chsparkman

chsparkman

5mm Fanatic

• 5mm Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWoodbridge, VA

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

That's a beautiful rifle.  Welcome to the forum.  It's been a little slow around here lately but I know there's still a few guys that love their 591/592.  Hopefully I'll get mine out next week for squirrels!

#3 Jimsdad

Jimsdad

5mm Fan

• 5mm Shooter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSE PA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

Way to hang in there. Never give up on a good gun. 

#4 Gary W

Gary W

5mm Fanatic

• 5mm Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

That's awesome! I never heard of a 5mm mag back in the 70s (or 80/90s) but once I did it's been a very fine memory.

I shoot two 591s, one RF and the other CF conversion as well as a 10" TC contender
Lifetime NRA Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users